Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coming full circle....(the end)

Planning is cool! I am all about grasping the paradox between serendipity and free-will fo' sho'. Since returning to the States in June, I have made good on a long held "domestic" dream of relocating to the Bay Area. I was even able to find a decent living situation!! It turns out that my trip down here last October was very influential on my direction. I am not sure how long I will live in this area but I do plan on enjoying it to the fullest while I am here! As for my plans well....things are kind of general for now and I hope to formulate some details as I go. I would like to pursue my interests academically (Music, Portuguese, International studies, finance etc...) and shore up some areas which I feel I need more knowledge. All the while this is going on in probably the most international city in the US besides NY (unfortunately it only loses to NY in terms of costly living as well....) Everywhere I go I run into native Portuguese speakers and they always give me compliments...all the while the sun is shining....the girls are cuter....the hipsters are fuglier......so....it was tough leaving Seattle but.....this was definitely the right move for me at this time....and if it hits the fan...the 206 wouldn't be the worst place to come back to.....(Californicated of course)

I am already getting ideas of a possible return to Brasil. I would need some more objective parameters to go off of though. Perhaps I could teach english for a month or so in Floripa....and spend another month traveling in areas that I haven't been to (Porto Alegre, the Pantanal, the area between the northern cities of São Luis and Fortaleza) There are other priorities to deal with first...so we'll see.

I hope everyone has liked keeping tabs on the greatest period of my life!! (Of course I couldn't divulge all of the details...) I am sure to come back and check this baby out every once in awhile if I need a pick me up....or just to remind myself how lucky I am. I wish you all well and hope to have inspired those with the will to travel abroad to get the itch just a wee bit more....

ADEUS
Mike

No comments: