Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Going country for Carnaval

Bom Carnaval para todos!!! For Carnaval I decided to take advantage of my assets (primarily my phat Fiat). On friday I went to Lagoa once again and danced around in the Praçinha (little square) with some friends before taking part in the Bloco dos Sujos Carnaval da Rua in the downtown area of Floripa. Many Brasilians hate Carnaval and use their time off to escape the city for natural areas etc.. I followed suit for the remaining days and went with my friends Tatiane and Diego to the smaller interior town of Urubici. I met the Family, did some hiking in Flip-flops (not recommended duh!!) and swam in a nearby River. There were also some nighttime activities (see above). Overall it was pretty tranquil....in the future maybe Ill return to Brasil to get crazy in Rio or Salvador da Bahia for Carnaval as Im wondering if I left to much to be desired this time....(probably..but whatever..Im not much of an enthusiast)

I have recently decided to stay here in Florianópolis to allow more time to enjoy the area and to better research the remainder of my trip, which most likely will end in late June rather than early may as Im kicking ass on my budget (graças à Crise Financeira!!) so why not?
Abraços

No comments: